American Heart Month & Your Vision
Did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States? February is American Heart Month! We’ve got tips on what you can do to live better and spread the word.
Make a Difference
Use this month to raise awareness about heart disease and how you can prevent it.
- First, encourage families to make small changes, like use spices in their foods instead of salt.
- Second, motivate your kid’s schools to be physically active.
- Third, ask doctors and nurses to be leaders in your community. Have them speak at local events about how to prevent heart disease.
How You Can Help
- First, add information about a heart healthy lifestyle to your community newsletter (if applicable)
- Second, tweet/post about American Heart Month
- Third, host a group walk or heart-healthy cooking demonstration
- Finally, take action!
Make Healthy Changes
- Watch your weight
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Get active and eat healthy
Your Eyes & Heart
Did you know that your eyes and heart connect in some way? High blood pressure can cause damage to your eyes. This can lead to “bleeding in the eye, blurred vision, swelling, blood clots, damage to the nerve or even stroke in the retina with complete loss of vision.”
Diabetes are commonly diagnosed through an eye exam. High blood sugar causes problems bring problems in small blood vessels.
Get Covered During American Heart Month
The more you think about it, the more you need a vision plan to take care if your eyes.
- First, you want to make sure the provider offers plans in your area. Enter your zip code on their site to find out.
- Secondly, use the provider directory to make sure the plan covers what you want.
- Thirdly, choose a plan that doesn’t have a waiting period.
- Finally, many companies offer dental and vision together – like Argus!
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding a vision plan, reach out to an Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.