Get Those Back to School Dental Checkups In
Can you believe that school is starting up again? Where did the time go? It’s important to make sure the children have their annual dental checkup before the school year starts to get chaotic.
Regular dental visits help fight the most common dental problem in children: cavities. Prevention and early detection will help avoid pain, trouble eating, difficult speaking, and several school absences.
Make This The Best Year
- Plan: First, give yourself enough time to make an appointment, don’t rush things.
- Encourage dental habits at home: Second, show the children the proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Buy the good stuff: Thirdly, explain what lunches/snacks are good for their teeth.
- Have a model child: Fourth, do you have a child at home that has the most positive experiences at the dentist? Let them be a guide for their brothers and sisters.
- Keep cool: Lastly, no child enjoys going to the dentist. If they have ants in their pants, help them get through the visit instead of bolting for the door.
Healthy School Snacks
Not only should they be brushing and flossing every day, but they should also eat healthy snacks. Certain foods help fight tooth decay and support healthy teeth and gums.
Here are some ideas the next time you’re grocery shopping:
- Low-fat yogurt with berries
- Sliced watermelon
- Crunchy veggies with dip
- Celery sticks with cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese and apples
- Unsalted almonds
- Hummus with whole grain pita triangles
Argus & Florida Healthy Kids
Argus Dental & Vision is proud to be a dental care partner for the Florida Healthy Kids Program! Our goal is to ensure that eligible Healthy Kids participants ages 5 through 18 receive the quality dental care coverage they need.
If your child is an Argus Dental & Vision plan member through the Florida Healthy Kids program, you have easy access to our network of caring dentists and dental specialists and can schedule an appointment with a preferred dentist in your area by visiting our Provider Search page.
If you have questions regarding your child’s dental benefits, our Customer Care team is here to help. Call (888) 978-9513 Monday-Friday, from 8am to 8pm EST, or email us at email@example.com.