Your Eyes & Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is coming to an end. However, what a lot of people don’t know is that breast cancer treatment may affect your vision. If you know someone going through treatment, read on for some signs to see what you can do to help them.
Your Vision & Eye Problems
It’s not a common side effect, but breast cancer treatment may affect your eyes. The eye problems may include,
- red, itchy, or dry eyes
- watery eyes
- pink eye
- blurry/double vision
- seeing dark spots
Managing Your Eye Problems
If you start to develop vision problems, it can be a sign of a more serious medical condition. Call your doctor immediately if things get worse!
If your eyes are dry, red, or itchy,
- First, blink as much as possible, especially if you spend long hours looking at a computer screen. This can help lubricate your eyes and keep them moist.
- Secondly, ask your optometrist if artificial tears or eye drops will help soothe your eyes.
- Third, consider wearing your glasses instead of contact lenses.
To help reduce your risk of getting pink eye or some other eye infection:
- First, don’t rub your eyes!
- Secondly, wash your hands before you touch your eyes!
Keep Your Eyes Healthy with an Argus Vision Plan
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month Facts
According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, “1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.”
Also, from the National Breast Cancer Foundation,
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women
- It’s the second-leading cause of cancer death among women
- Each year, the National Breast Cancer Foundation estimates that over 252,710 women in the US will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- There are over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors alive in the US today
If you’re looking to get involved, it’s not too late! Donate to provide a mammogram for women in need, start a fundraiser, or partner with a charity. Together, we can help fight for a cure!