Chocolate Mint Day & Your Teeth
If you’re a big fan of Andes mints, today is your lucky day! It’s National Chocolate Mint Day! Did you know that peppermint’s good for your oral health?
- First, peppermint helps curb the growth of bacteria in the mouth, further preventing infections.
- Secondly, it also prevents swelling.
- Thirdly, the vitamins and minerals in peppermint strengthen your teeth and gums.
- Finally, chewing on mint leaves help keep your mouth moist and fresh.
Above all, dark chocolate is the best candy for your teeth. It has antioxidants called flavonoids, which help your heart health.
Sugar Myths on National Chocolate Mint Day
According to the American Diabetes Association, it’s a myth that eating too much sugar causes diabetes. A big concern is diabetic retinopathy. People with uncontrolled blood sugar levels “cause irreversible damages to the blood vessels in the retina,” says the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
In other words, this can lead to blindness. When in doubt, choose healthier options instead of foods loaded with sugar!
In a nutshell, it’s okay to have a piece of dark chocolate once in a while. The more cacao, the more flavanols. In conclusion, when shopping at the grocery store, opt for at least 70 percent cacao solids.
Minimize the Impact
- First, drink plenty of water. Water can minimize some of the harmful effects of sugar, preventing decay.
- Second, eat chocolate with meals.
- Finally, brush after eating.
Get a Dental Plan
The Argus Freedom Plan gives members have the freedom to choose the best quality care.
With no waiting periods, no claims forms, and no deductibles, the Argus Freedom Plan offers easy to use dental coverage. Members have the freedom to access any dentist of their choice. They can also enjoy additional savings when using an in-network provider.
The Argus Master Plan offers plans as low as $8.95 per month! Families need flexible dental and vision coverage, and a plan that tailors to their needs.
Put together a checklist of the regular services you need to receive, and the one-off services that might be necessary. Check out Argus’ dental plans! Argus has coverage for individuals and families.