Did You Know These Things Could Cause Bad Breath?
Of course, that pasta with extra garlic sauce will do it, but did you know so does that beer you had at happy hour the other night? It’s true. Alcohol can dry out your mouth, which encourages the bacteria to turn into bad breath. Also, your morning coffee too. Who knew?
Here are a few more you didn’t know that could cause bad breath,
- Your tongue. Bacteria sitting on the tongue leads to bad breath. Avoid this by brushing your tongue with your toothbrush or getting a tongue scraper.
- A low carb-diet. When you cut out carbs and boost the protein you eat, your body starts burning fat for energy. That process makes ketones, which cause bad breath.
- Having a cold. Mucus is gross!
- Medications can stifle saliva flow. This fluid helps wash away food and bacteria, and if it doesn’t, bad breath comes in.
- Dried fruit. It’s sticky and full of sugar which odor-causing bacteria loves to feed on.
- Cracked teeth and fillings can trap food particles causing bad breath.
Pay attention to what you’re eating and if necessary, carry some floss or sugarless gum with you.