Eat Candy Canes in Moderation This Season
It’s Christmastime! Which means homemade cookies, eggnog and candy canes. Unfortunately, consuming all that sugar isn’t good for your dental and overall health.
Sugar is the main ingredient in grandma’s cookies, cakes, and the candy canes on the tree. One major health risk of sugar is it affects your teeth.
Used as Christmas tree ornaments or stocking stuffers candy canes are everywhere. Unfortunately, since candy canes are “100 percent sugar” according to Colgate, they’re the worst candy for teeth around the holidays.
Chewy candies, like caramel, cause tooth damage. Sadly, it’s one of those candies that sticks to your teeth. The longer it sticks, the worse. Rinse your mouth out with water to avoid anything sticking for long periods of time.
Want to limit your exposure to holiday candies? Consider serving these snacks instead,
- Low-fat yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Unbuttered popcorn
- Baked tortilla chips
- Veggie tray
The key to getting through the holidays is proper dental care. Regular brushing and flossing will keep you out of the dentist’s chair after the New Year.
Keep Your Mouth Healthy with a Dental Plan
Want to more about the Argus Freedom Plan?
- First, it offers quality, affordable coverage for basic and specialty dental care.
- Secondly, members have the freedom to choose the best quality care.
- Thirdly, with no waiting periods, no claims forms, and no deductibles, the Argus Freedom Plan offers easy to use dental coverage.
- Fourth, members have the freedom to access any dentist of their choice.
- Finally, they can also enjoy additional savings when using an in-network provider.
The Argus Master Plan,
- Offers quality, affordable dental care coverage for Florida residents. Plans start as low as $8.95 per month!
Put together a checklist of the regular services you need to receive, and the one-off services that might be necessary. Check out Argus’ dental plans! Argus has coverage for individuals and families.