Fire Up The Grill! It’s National Barbecue Month
With summer approaching, what better way to celebrate than National Barbecue Month! Unfortunately, a lot of the foods aren’t good for you.
Take your gums and teeth into consideration, especially if you suffer from gingivitis or a severe form of gum disease. We’ve provided a list of foods to watch out for and that may help you enjoy the kickoff to summer!
Watch Out For…
- BBQ sauce and other condiments. First off, all the sugars and vinegar in sauces can damage the enamel on your teeth.
- Chips. Keep floss and toothpicks handy.
- White bread. Do NOT put your hot dog on a white bun.
- Pickled veggies. Vinegar and brine damage your teeth.
- Soda. Finally, sodas and juices are full of sugar. Consider drinking a cool glass of water instead.
Good Foods for National Barbecue Month
- Instead of chips, have fruits and veggies for sides.
- Cheese and other dairy products are good for your teeth’s health.
- Onions help neutralize oral bacteria.
- Chew sugarless gum after your meal.
- Ginger helps you get over any indigestion.
Get A Dental Plan
The Argus Freedom Plan offers quality, affordable coverage for basic and specialty dental care. Members have the freedom to choose the best quality care.
First, with no waiting periods, no claims forms, and no deductibles, the Argus Freedom Plan offers easy to use dental coverage. Secondly, members have the freedom to access any dentist of their choice. Finally, they can also enjoy additional savings when using an in-network provider.
The Argus Master Plan offers quality, affordable dental care coverage for Florida residents. Plans start as low as $8.95 per month!
In conclusion, adults often experience changes in their oral and health as they age, which may require services beyond preventative care.
If you have any questions regarding proper dental care, contact your local dentist!