Grab Milk Because It’s Bake Cookies Day
Call your grandma because today is Bake Cookies Day! There’s a 99.9 percent chance that she’s already started on the Christmas cookies. Unfortunately, like any doctor will tell you, cookies aren’t the best thing for you. Chewy cookies destroy your teeth and sugar overall isn’t good for your vision.
Christmas comes around once a year so if you plan on indulging in cookies, brush your teeth afterward, chew some sugarless gum, or visit your local dentist.
Your Eyes on Bake Cookies Day
High-sugar foods like soda, candy, and pastries can leave your eyes vulnerable to diseases. Sugar diminishes your immune system. When your body’s defenses are down, it’s easier for diseases to form.
According to WebMD, “when you eat too much sugar, you speed up the macular degeneration and trigger the disease early.” Your eye begins to degenerate, making your vision poorer and poorer. It’s the leading cause of blindness among older people.
Be Choosy with Your Snacks
So, what’s the best thing to snack on instead of cookies?
- First, add fresh fruits and raw veggies to your diet. Consider snacking on oranges, melons, broccoli, celery, carrots, etc.
- Second, eat more grains. Unsweetened cereals are a good choice for breakfast instead of peanut butter cookies.
- Third, eat some low or non-fat dairy products.
- Finally, pack some meats, nuts and seeds.
Have a Vision Plan for Your Eyes
The more you think about it, the more you need a vision plan to take care if your eyes. Regular
- First, you want to make sure the provider offers plans in your area. Enter your zip code on their site to find out.
- Secondly, use the provider directory to make sure the plan covers what you want.
- Thirdly, choose a plan that doesn’t have a waiting period.
- Finally, many companies offer dental and vision together – like Argus!
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding a vision plan, reach out to an Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.