Best New Year’s Foods for Your Eyes
Happy New Year from the Argus Team! While you’re enjoying the party, remember that some of the foods aren’t good for you. Don’t eat the entire plate of cookies or chicken tenders.
Snack Smart for Your Eyes this New Year’s
If you’re looking for ways to eat smart for your vision, here’s what you should have on your plate.
- First, almonds. These are a great source of Vitamin E, which research has shown to protect the eyes from free radical damage. This may help the progression of cataracts caused by UV exposure and decrease macular degeneration.
- Second, sweet potatoes. These are rich with vitamin A, making it an excellent nutrition to prevent vision loss and macular degeneration.
- Thirdly, citrus fruits. Vitamin C helps your eyes fight to age and reduce your chances of cataracts.
- Lastly, swap out the New Year’s turkey or ham for some salmon. Omega-3 fatty acids help protect you from macular degeneration.
Keep Your Eyes Healthy
According to the American Optometric Association, the following tips will keep your eyes healthy through the new year:
- First, wear sunglasses outside.
- Secondly, stop smoking.
- Thirdly, get regular eye exams.
- Fourth, wear eye protection when working with possible eye irritants or dangerous chemicals.
- Fifth, wash your hands before applying contacts.
- Sixth, wear contacts only for the period recommended by the doctor.
- Lastly, protect your eyes from computer-related eye strain by looking away every 20 minutes at something 20 feet away, for 20 seconds.
Have a Vision Plan After New Year’s
The more you think about it, the more you need a vision plan to take care if your eyes.
- First, you want to make sure the provider offers plans in your area. Enter your zip code on their site to find out.
- Secondly, use the provider directory to make sure the plan covers what you want.
- Thirdly, choose a plan that doesn’t have a waiting period.
- Finally, many companies offer dental and vision together – like Argus!
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding a vision plan, reach out to an Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.