Tips to Celebrate Healthy Aging Month
September is Healthy Aging Month, which means that age is just a number! This month focuses on a national health theme with expert tips and facts to help you live your best life.
Stay at Your Peak
- First, get moving! Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy body and brain.
- Secondly, stay social. Join a class, volunteer, play games or make new friends.
- Thirdly, bulk up. Eat beans and high-fiber foods for digestive and heart health.
- Fourth, add some herbs and spices to your meals.
- Fifth, stay balanced. Practice basic yoga moves to improve agility.
- Sixth, take a walk on a nice day.
- Seventh, sleep well.
- Eighth, beat the blues. Talk to your local doctor about depression. Don’t get down in the dumps – smile more!
- Lastly, don’t forget. To help aid your memory, make lists, follow routines, slow down and think. Don’t rush.
Protect Your Sight as You Age
Just like your body, your eyes and vision change over time. According to the American Optometric Association, “it is common for adults between the ages of 40-61 to experience problems seeing clearly at close distances.” It is important that you protect your sight as you age to prevent any eye-related diseases. To maintain good eye vision and prevent degenerative eye diseases, follow these tips:
- First, avoid smoking or drinking alcohol
- Secondly, wear sunglasses to shield your eyes from the sunlight.
- Thirdly, include in your diet plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds and fish.
- Fourth, get physical activity
- Lastly, schedule a comprehensive eye exam with your eye doctor at least once a year.
Need Vision Insurance for Healthy Aging Month?
As you shop,
- First, you want to make sure the provider offers plans in your area. Enter your zip code on their site to find out.
- Secondly, use the provider directory to make sure the plan covers what you want.
- Thirdly, choose a plan that doesn’t have a waiting period.
- Finally, many companies offer dental and vision insurance together – like Argus!
- Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding vision insurance, reach out to Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.