Keep Your Vision Clear This Winter
Walking in a winter wonderland can be fun, but not when the dry, cold conditions affect your eyes. Dry, itchy, watery eyes are common issues during the winter but don’t think your eyes are doomed.
Here are some steps you can take to keep your eyesight clear this winter,
- Protect your eyes from heat. Direct heat from furnaces and heaters can evaporate your tear film and cause eye irritation. The best thing to do is use a humidifier.
- Be selective with your eye drops. Did you know that artificial tears lubricant ointments are safe to use up to 4 times a day?
- Try fish oil supplements.
- Take breaks. Remember the 20-20-20 rule when using digital devices.
- Ladies use gentle eye makeup.
- Get a comprehensive eye exam every year.
Take care of your eyes this winter. A little precaution goes a long way!