Brain Freeze! It’s National Ice Cream Day
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream on National Ice Cream Day! The only healthy way to enjoy it is by going dairy free and sugar free. Your body and eyes will thank you. However, if you’re thinking of taking the kids out tonight for some, make it a one scoop.
Ice Cream Headaches
Brain freezes aren’t fun. You’re sipping on a Slurpee or drinking a milkshake and bam! Stabbing headache. Cold stimulus headaches occur when you expose your unprotected head to cold temperatures.
The good news is most ice cream headaches go away in a minute or so.
If you’re experiencing an ice headache,
- First, you’ll feel a sharp, stabbing pain in your forehead
- Secondly, the pain peaks about 20 to 60 seconds after it begins
- Lastly, the pain rarely lasts longer than five minutes
Prevention on National Ice Cream Day
Common sense don’t drink cold beverages fast.
Get a Vision Plan
As you shop,
- First, you want to make sure the provider offers plans in your area. Enter your zip code on their site to find out.
- Secondly, use the provider directory to make sure the plan covers what you want.
- Thirdly, choose a plan that doesn’t have a waiting period.
- Finally, many companies offer dental and vision together – like Argus!
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding a vision plan, reach out to an Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.