National Jellybean Day & Your Vision
Just a week after celebrating Easter, it’s National Jellybean Day! If you have leftover candy, this is the perfect time to celebrate and eat up.
Unfortunately, jellybeans aren’t exactly good for you with all that sugar. Jellybeans can sit in your teeth for hours. They’re chewy, sticky and hard. For diabetics, they’re a sugar nightmare!
High blood sugar causes the lens of your eye to swell. The American Diabetes Association offers these guidelines for people with diabetes:
- First, adults with type 1 diabetes should have a full dilated eye exam within 5 years of their diagnosis.
- Second, adults with type 2 diabetes should have a complete eye exam soon after they have been diagnosed.
- Finally, get a dilated eye exam if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Sugar Myths on National Jellybean Day
According to the American Diabetes Association, it’s a myth that eating too much sugar causes diabetes. A big concern is diabetic retinopathy. People with uncontrolled blood sugar levels “cause irreversible damages to the blood vessels in the retina,” says the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
This can lead to blindness. When in doubt, choose healthier options instead of foods loaded with sugar!
Get Vision Care
As you shop,
- First, you want to make sure the provider offers plans in your area. Enter your zip code on their site to find out.
- Secondly, use the provider directory to make sure the plan covers what you want.
- Thirdly, choose a plan that doesn’t have a waiting period.
- Finally, many companies offer dental and vision together – like Argus!
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding a vision plan, reach out to an Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.