National Pistachio Day & Your Eyes
If you’re looking for an afternoon snack, look no further than some pistachios! Not only are they way better for you than candy, but they’re great for eyes. On National Pistachio Day, here’s how they can protect your vision.
6 Reasons to Love National Pistachio Day
- First, they are high in carotenoids. They help protect against cataracts, which are an eye problem very common in older people.
- Second, reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Third, monounsaturated fats boost the absorption of carotenoids.
- Fourth, pistachios can help protect your skin from sun damage.
- Fifth, pistachios help protect your vision by cutting your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Finally, pistachios are a great source of vitamin E.
In conclusion, pistachios have numerous health benefits, especially for your vision. But everyone knows that pistachios cannot solve every vision problem. That’s why it’s important to schedule annual eye exams and talk to your optometrist about your diet.
Get a Vision Plan for Annual Exams
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding vision benefits, reach out to an Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.