National Wine Day & Your Vision
Did you know that May 25th was National Wine Day? Did you have a glass of wine with dinner? Maybe two? Even though alcohol does harmful damage to your body system, it also can cause permanent eye damage.
How Alcohol Impacts Your Eyes
- First, alcohol weakens the muscles in your eyes. Alcoholism can later cause involuntary rapid eye movement.
- Alcohol slows down the communication between your eyes and brain. Hence, double vision.
- Bloodshot is a great sign of a heavy drinker. Alcohol dilates a persons ocular blood vessels which gives them that “reddish” color
- Alcohol also makes your eyes sensitive to light causing headaches.
Celebrating National Wine Day
If you celebrated or celebrate everyday, please do so in moderation. Your body’s tolerance may be different than someone else’s.
Get Vision Care
As you shop,
- First, you want to make sure the provider offers plans in your area. Enter your zip code on their site to find out.
- Secondly, use the provider directory to make sure the plan covers what you want.
- Thirdly, choose a plan that doesn’t have a waiting period.
- Finally, many companies offer dental and vision together – like Argus!
Here at Argus, we offer the Freedom and Master Plan Vision Plans. The Freedom Vision Plan is available to Freedom Dental Plan members.
First, the plans are affordable. The Freedom starts at $2.74 per month.
Second, with a hassle-free vision plan, there’s no waiting periods, no claims and no deductibles.
Third, Freedom Vision Plan Members have access to over 1,000 Quality In-Network Providers, as well as discounts on Lasik and Sunwear.
On the other hand, the Master Plan Vision Rider is available to current Master Plan Dental members only. The rider offers basic eye care savings and additional savings on Contact Lens Ordering and Lasik Vision Correction.
With three different co-payment options available, and a 15% discount on most services, the Master Plan Vision Rider offers the flexibility you deserve.
The first co-payment option starts at $3.95 per month, the second at $3.35 per month, and the third starts at $2.74 per month.
In conclusion, if you have any questions regarding a vision plan, reach out to an Argus team member TODAY. We’d be happy to help you choose the best plan.