October is National Dental Hygiene Month
It’s National Dental Hygiene Month. This month is to celebrate the work dental hygienists do and help raise awareness on the importance of good oral health.
Instead of throwing a party, which you totally can with toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste, follow these important tips all year long.
- Use the proper brushing technique like placing your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short strokes.
- Brush the outer and inner surfaces of your teeth.
- Brush your tongue for fresh breath.
- Rinsing may also help reduce the chance of dental decay and infection. Lastly, chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after meals can help prevent tooth decay.
Let your friends, family, and neighbors know about it. Together, you can help people maintain their beautiful smiles!