It’s National Pigs in a Blanket Day
You may or may not have heard of it but, it’s National Pigs in a Blanket Day. These are hot dog weenies (pigs) wrapped in a crescent roll (like a blanket). Unfortunately, they’re not the greatest for your oral health.
Eating Pigs in a Blanket
Some like to use dipping sauces or add side dishes. Keep caution with,
- BBQ sauce and other condiments. First off, all the sugars and vinegar in sauces can damage the enamel on your teeth.
- Chips. Keep floss and toothpicks handy.
- White bread. Do NOT wrap your hot dogs on a white bun.
- Pickled veggies. Vinegar and brine damage your teeth.
- Soda. Finally, sodas and juices are full of sugar. Consider drinking a cool glass of water instead.
Good Foods for National Pigs in a Blanket
- Instead of chips, have fruits and veggies for sides.
- Do you like cheese on your hot dog? Cheese and other dairy products are good for your teeth’s health.
- Onions help neutralize oral bacteria.
- Chew sugarless gum after your meal.
- Ginger helps you get over any indigestion.
Keep Your Smile Clean
In need of a dental exam? Then consider signing up for one of our Argus dental plans to get you started. The Argus Freedom Plan offers quality, affordable coverage for basic and specialty dental care. Members have the freedom to choose the best quality care, when they need it.
The Argus Master Plan offers quality, affordable dental care coverage for Florida residents. Plans start as low as $8.95 per month.
If you need help with applying for a dental plan, contact our Argus Customer Care TODAY! We would be happy to get started on the path to a better smile.