What You Can Do to Celebrate National Smile Week
The second week in August is officially National Smile Week. This is a great opportunity to discuss the importance of good health and hygiene. So, what can you do to celebrate your beautiful smile?
- First, your face has a TON of muscles in it that allow you to make different emotions. When you’re happy and smiling, your body pumps out good endorphins. An article from the Smithsonian even stated that “smiles causes our bodies to produce psychological changes that reflect the emotion.”
- Second, make someone else smile! Smiles are contagious.
- Third, make a list of things that make you smile.
- Fourth, have a smile off with your family. Who can hold their smile the longest?
- Fifth, smile at yourself in the mirror. Sure, you don’t want to go to work or school, but starting off the day with a smile can easily change your mood.
- Sixth, smiling makes you more attractive. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, “96 percent of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing.”
- Take care of your smile with proper teeth brushing, flossing, and seeing your dentist twice a year.
- Surround your home with framed photos of you and family and friends smiling.
- Finally, in the words of Nike, “Just do it!”
Good health and hygiene are important, so why not share it with the world? Not only will you be making others feel better, but yourself too.
Take Care of Your Smile for National Smile Week
If an attractive smile makes a person more appealing, then it’s important to maintain that great smile!
- Firstly, use fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth surfaces
- Secondly, floss
- Thirdly, eat a balanced diet
- Fourthly, ask your dentist about dental sealants
- Finally, if you are athletic, wear a mouth guard to protect your smile
Why not start off National Smile Week with a teeth whitening treatment?
Book an appointment with our sister company, Dr. Nick’s WHITE & healthy dentistry, to see what he can do to help you improve your smile. The whitening treatment guarantees a beautiful, healthy and natural-looking results.