Why Is My Eye Twitching?
Is there anything more annoying than an eye twitch? The good news is that it can be corrected and avoided. Twitches are short and may last only a few minutes. However, eye twitching can also be disruptive.
Here are some potential causes:
- Fatigue. Late nights at work or long hours on the computer will do it. General fatigue is associated with eye strain, dry eye, or even sensitivity to light which can all lead to twitching.
- Stress. The more stress you’re under, the more likely your nervous system is to react.
- Caffeine. That fourth cup will give you the jitters.
- Vision problems. Nearsightedness, farsightedness, or presbyopia lead to the development of twitches. Vision problems can be corrected with contacts or glasses.
- Dry eyes. If you’re focused on something at work, don’t forget to blink.
Talk to your eye doctor if you’re concerned about the twitches!