Happy World Smile Day!
Put on a happy face because it’s World Smile Day! Did you know that Harvey Ball created the legendary smiley face back in 1963? It’s one of the most recognizable symbols on the planet.
Ball declared that the first Friday in October each year would be World Smile Day. It’s a special day where people you should smile or help make someone smile. Do a random act of kindness for someone to make their day.
How to Improve Your Smile
Smiling is contagious. If you’re looking to improve your smile or help others, here are some easy things you can do:
- First, floss daily. Flossing helps removes plaque between your teeth and under the gum lines. Not sure how to floss? Wrap it tightly around your finger and insert in the space between your teeth. Gently slide it up and down under the gum lines a couple times. If bleeding occurs, this is most likely due to gingivitis or gum disease.
- Secondly, have routine cleanings twice a year.
- Thirdly, stop smoking. Smoking causes your teeth to stain.
- Fourth, limit your coffee, tea and red wine intake. Just like smoking, these drinks stain your teeth. Drinking through a straw will help reduce staining.
- Fifth, drink water. Water helps clean teeth and fights too decay.
- Finally, brush your teeth twice daily. Many people need to be reminded to brush their teeth at least twice a day. Plaque can harden into tartar. Frequent brushing keeps your teeth healthy.
Celebrate World Smile Day With a Dental Plan
The Argus Freedom Plan offers quality, affordable coverage for basic and specialty dental care. Members have the freedom to choose the best quality care.
With no waiting periods, no claims forms, and no deductibles, the Argus Freedom Plan offers easy to use dental coverage. Members have the freedom to access any dentist of their choice. They can also enjoy additional savings when using an in-network provider.
The Argus Master Plan offers quality, affordable dental care coverage for Florida residents. Plans start as low as $8.95 per month!
Adults often experience changes in their oral and health as they age, which may require services beyond preventative care.
Therefore, families need flexible dental and vision coverage, and a plan that is tailored to their needs. Put together a checklist of the regular services you need to receive, and the one-off services that might be necessary. Check out Argus’ dental plans! Argus has coverage for individuals and families.